This is a 3-month opportunity to learn and grow on a dynamic team. The Social Media Intern will report to our Brand Manager and/or Local Sales Team to follow and execute a daily social media strategy. This includes adhering to brand guidelines in communications, creating engaging user experience, and supporting the goals of our sales and operations teams.
Daily tasks include monitoring and moderating all social media channels for mentions, actions, and feedback, and creating relevant content. Responsible for completing our weekly e-newsletter sent at the end of the week for the duration of the internship. Additional projects and duties as assigned and that overlap with own interests.
- Demonstrated interest in local food, food equity.
- Background in communications, marketing, public relations or training in social media preferred.
- Knowledge of social platforms and insight tools for social media proficiency (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and social review sites.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on-site at our Warrenton location in Vint Hill Farms with option to telecommute.
- Familiarity with food systems, sustainable agriculture, and seasonal cooking.
- Experience in Mailchimp and Word Press (or similar programs).
- Finesse in multi-tasking and project management.
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm for food puns.
Target Start Date
Three (3) months
This is a part-time position based in Warrenton, VA. Intern will work mainly during normal office hours. Room for flexibility. Must be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week.
$11-13/hour, depending on experience with access to fresh organic foods.