Careers at 4P
Join Our Team
Financial and Impact Analyst
Warrenton, VA Job posted 06/04/2022
At 4P Foods, we believe that companies must exist for a purpose. Purpose, People, Planet, Prosperity – the four P’s of 4P Foods. Our Purpose is to create a just and equitable food system in the United States that rebuilds the environment instead of destroying it. This can be done by ensuring that all people have access to farm-fresh, healthy food, grown using sustainable and humane practices and that the people who produce that food are able to earn a fair and dignified living doing so. That’s why we’re here, and that’s why we hope you will join us.
At 4P Foods, we have embarked on a journey to create a new business model blending elements of nonprofit, not-for-profit and for profit to leverage a broad range of partnerships and build a new food system, one that rebuilds our environment, reduces our carbon footprint, revitalizes rural communities, and ensures equitable access to food for everyone. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us co-create a regenerative tomorrow.
About the role
Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the Leadership Team, the Financial Analyst helps create tools and data analytics to support 4P Foods’ management in making business decisions and monitoring progress toward goals. The Financial Analyst is an integral part of the 4P Foods Finance Team. That team works together to forecast and report on 4P Foods’ financials, cash flow, capital needs, and fundraising. The Team is also responsible for designing and monitoring metrics, both financial and impact, and to use those metrics to assist the 4P Leadership Team to manage their business effectively.
The Analyst position supports 4P Foods’ relationship with its many stakeholders with reporting, modeling, and updating to keep 4P Foods’ community informed of its activities, accomplishments, and resource needs. Additionally, the Financial Analyst will work closely with the CFO to support grant opportunities as well as to explore and evaluate new initiatives to further the impact and mission of 4P Foods. The Financial and Impact Analyst reports to the CFO.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain weekly report of business metrics for use by management; assist in the development of additional metrics and KPIs and the reporting to streamline data collection.
- Maintain monthly report of existing impact metrics and help architect and implement 4P Food’s impact reporting systems, with attention to developing more meaningful qualitative and quantitative impact metrics and the data collection and reporting to support them.
- Assist in grant management, working with partners to measure impact, and fulfill grant reporting requirements.
- Review monthly P&L, including notes on progress based on forecasts, inclusive of margins, budgets, and growth rate; quarterly meetings with leadership to discuss variances and updated forecast.
- Build models for all aspects of financial reporting including capital needs, cash flow, annual projections, and budgets in collaboration with CFO.
- Produce quarterly reports and an annual report for investors/funders.
- Conduct research on relevant topics for business strategy and projects; support business development initiatives through analytics, research and proposal support.
- Support 4P Food’s Communications team to amplify impact narrative.
- Build benefit reports for 2014 through 2020 and create template for ongoing annual benefit report; simultaneously, use reports to pursue B Corp certification.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in business analytics, business management, data science, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in data analytics, forecasting, modeling, tracking and reporting data, creating metrics, and working with financials to create usable information for making business decisions.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, data analysis, and Google suite, especially Drive, Docs, Calendar, Forms, and Sheets. Experience in or ability to learn inventory management systems and our eCommerce system. Willing to seek out and self-teach technological details.
- Good written and oral communication skills; a demonstrated ability to communicate complex messages to stakeholder groups with varied interests.
- Experience with unusual financing forms a plus: Program-Related Investments, Expenditure Responsibility Grants, tax credit-based financing such as Opportunity Zones, Green Bank and CDFI lending, among others.
- A demonstrable commitment to 4P Foods’ mission and values, passionate about building a just and equitable food system in the United States.
- Organized, detail oriented, exceptional scheduling, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work location to be a hybrid of remote, Vint-Hill location (Warrenton) and occasionally at the Charlottesville facility.
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with team members.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and work with a diverse group.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in PDF format), and where you learned of the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name in the subject line as well as “Financial and Impact Analyst.”
Volunteer with us
We appreciate that you're here reading this! To operate our food hub and help feed those in need, requires many hands. If you are passionate about our mission and interested in volunteering your time, contact us about upcoming volunteer opportunities.