Careers at 4P
Join Our Team
Manager of Human Resources and Talent Development
Warrenton, VA Job posted 06/04/2022
At 4P Foods, we believe that companies must exist for a purpose. Purpose, People, Planet, Prosperity – the four P’s of 4P Foods. Our Purpose is to create a just and equitable food system in the United States that rebuilds the environment instead of destroying it. This can be done by ensuring that all people have access to farm-fresh, healthy food, grown using sustainable and humane practices and that the people who produce that food are able to earn a fair and dignified living doing so. That’s why we’re here, and that’s why we hope you will join us.
At 4P Foods, we have embarked on a journey to create a new business model blending elements of nonprofit, not-for-profit and for profit to leverage a broad range of partnerships and build a new food system, one that rebuilds our environment, reduces our carbon footprint, revitalizes rural communities, and ensures equitable access to food for everyone. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us co-create a regenerative tomorrow.
About the role
Working in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment with the senior leadership team and team leads, the Manager of HR and Talent Development will be in charge of People Operations, including but not limited to end-to-end recruitment, hiring, onboarding, performance evaluations, professional development, and HR administrative functions such as Workers’ Compensation audits and health insurance and benefits renewals. This individual will also have the opportunity to design and implement new policies and programs with the goal of building and furthering a positive, supportive, and sustainable culture and work environment for all 4P Foods’ team members. The Manager of HR and Talent Development reports to the CFO.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage recruitment and selection of part-time and full-time roles across the company, from hourly warehouse associates to salaried director-level roles, working closely with team leads and hiring managers to ensure positive professional and cultural fit.
- Build upon established systems and lead an effort to empower and retain top talent at 4P Foods, with an emphasis on employee growth and development.
- As part of the 4P Foods leadership team, help create and support a values-based, mission-driven culture of excellence with a focus on execution in support of all stakeholder initiatives.
- Design and manage processes and policies that enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion across the organization, researching and adhering to best practices; lead creation of company-wide Equity Team to proactively address and advise on barriers to creating and maintaining an anti-racist culture and workplace.
- Develop and maintain clear, consistent, and measurable performance management practices that encourage growth and progress in alignment with 4P Foods’ values and mission.
- Lead and coach team leads to effectively manage teammates, foster a culture aligned with 4P Foods’ values and mission, and effectively share constructive feedback.
- Manage company-wide health insurance benefits and enrollment processes, working closely with 4P Foods’ broker team to educate and support employees in choosing and accessing the right health care and answer questions as they arise.
- Research industry trends and best practices, introducing to and incorporating at 4P Foods as appropriate, serving as a thought leader and champion of a supportive, equitable, inclusive culture.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, experience working with warehouse/factory employees.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in the People Operations, Talent Development, and/or HR space(s).
- Ability to work from 4P Foods’ Vint Hill location (Warrenton, VA) at least 2 days/week and travel to Ivy location (outside Charlottesville, VA) at least 1x/month.
- Passionate about building a better food system in the United States, one that is just and equitable
- Commitment to implementing an anti-racist/anti-oppression/anti-sexism lens to foster a diverse, supportive, equitable work environment for all teammates.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and work with a variety of individuals inside and outside the company; tactful, discreet, empathetic, and a strategic thinker able to thoughtfully assess and resolve complicated personnel matters.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems; flexibility and ability to adapt to new information.
- Strong organization skills with fastidious attention to detail.
- Able to effectively give, receive, and implement feedback.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging to diverse audiences and interests.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in PDF format), and where you learned of the position to: email@example.com. Please include your full name in the subject line as well as “Manager of HR and Talent Development.”
Volunteer with us
We appreciate that you're here reading this! To operate our food hub and help feed those in need, requires many hands. If you are passionate about our mission and interested in volunteering your time, contact us about upcoming volunteer opportunities.