Careers at 4P
Join Our Team
Local Food Sales Associate
Charlottesville or Warrenton, VA Job posted 03/31/2022
The Local Food Sales Associate is responsible for B2B wholesale accounts, customer satisfaction and providing general administrative support to warehouse operations. The Sales Associate is committed to providing a positive customer experience through timely, personable, and professional communication.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, the responsibilities include daily customer service communication with wholesale accounts, conducting sales out in the field via face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers. As the Local Food Sales Associate, you'll leverage your sales experience by using consultative selling skills to strengthen customer relationships, grow profitable sales, participate in business reviews and negotiations, and develop new business. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, detail-oriented and is a natural at building relationships with a variety of individuals. Bonus points for experience in food - the ability to talk shop about our products and farmers is a big part of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Traveling within the 4P Foods footprint to conduct face-to-face meetings with existing and potential customers.
- Collaborate closely with the Procurement and Operations teams to create solutions for customers unique desires to buy local and regional food from small and mid-size farmers.
- Have superior product knowledge across multiple product lines including produce, dairy, meat, and value-added grocery items.
- Own sales inbox and resolve member inquiries in a timely manner.
- Grow 4P Foods’ wholesale accounts and membership through targeted sale goals, communication and relationship building.
- Strategically negotiating with potential and existing customers to close sales, using the 4P Foods Purchasing Program as a guiding template.
- Provide general administrative support to warehouse team members as needed, including inventory management and related communication.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must be 18 years or older.
- An Associate’s Degree or high school diploma.
- Minimum +2 years relevant experience in sales or customer service.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems; you do not wait for someone to tell you to fix something, you already had a plan in place before it even broke.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and work with a diverse group.
- Strong organization skills with fastidious attention to detail.
- Must have a good sense of humor.
- Passionate about building a just and equitable food system in the United States.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on member satisfaction in a fast-paced and changing environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work schedule (which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours) and regular attendance is necessary.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds or more without assistance.
This position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k
Volunteer with us
We appreciate that you're here reading this! To operate our food hub and help feed those in need, requires many hands. If you are passionate about our mission and interested in volunteering your time, contact us about upcoming volunteer opportunities.