Careers at 4P
Join Our Team
Procurement Operations Specialist
Charlottesville, VA and Warrenton, VA Job posted 09/20/2022
The Procurement Operations Specialist is responsible for:
● Supporting lead buyers with the procurement operations of produce, dairy, protein, and value-added products for retail (B2C) and wholesale (B2B) channels at 4P
● Ensuring availability of products for the B2C and B2B operations by monitoring and updating projections based on dynamic sales numbers
● Creating weekly reports on product availability and pricing, Analyzing Trends to better forecast needs of the business
● Liaise with suppliers to request samples of products as and when needed
● Create Transfer orders to ensure the products are in the correct location at the correct time.
● Coordinating with Warehouse and Operations to ensure products move efficiently through the supply chain
● Assisting Procurement Team in prompt and accurate payment to our vendors
● Supporting inventory and quality control across all product categories
The Procurement Assistant is an integral part of the 4P Foods Procurement Team. That team will work together to coordinate procurement activities for sale across all 4P channels in order to increase available supply, reduce waste, and increase quality while meeting the needs of our B2B and B2C customers and providing a viable and resilient market for our producers. The Procurement Assistant reports to the Procurement Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● Submit Purchase Orders (POs) to vendors, input POs into the accounting system, and assist in reconciling any invoice discrepancies.
● Utilize software tools, including Google Sheets, to create working documents and ordering guides that support the various functions of the role, including inventory management and forecasting.
● Communicate with warehouses and operations regarding inventory management, quality control, vendor delivery/pick up schedules and other logistics as needed.
● Oversee Inventory and product quality processes and manage the waste programs
● Collaborate with the Procurement Team on purchasing within a budget; execute pricing strategies and understand the financial impact of all transactions.
● Assist in management of vendor relationships including weekly availability emails and inventory reports.
● Liaise with marketing to maintain and improve product positioning on 4Ps online platforms.
● Support the Procurement Team in billing and resolving invoice issues, and other administrative tasks as needed.
● As needed, interact directly with 4P Foods wholesale customers about product or farmer information, availability, timing, and other related timely communications.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
● Must be 18 years or older.
● An associate degree or high school diploma.
● 1-2 years’ experience with Procurement/Purchasing in food and beverage or other wholesale food purchasing is a plus, but not required.
● A demonstrable commitment to 4P Foods’ mission and values, passionate about building a just and equitable food system in the United States.
● Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
● Strong negotiation skills are a plus.
● Organized, detail oriented, strong written communication skills, exceptional scheduling, communication, and interpersonal skills.
● Experience tracking and reporting data for various metrics.
● Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, data analysis, and Google suite, especially Drive, Docs, Calendar, Forms, and Sheets. Experience in or ability to learn inventory management systems and our eCommerce system. Willing to seek out and self-teach technological details.
● Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with team members.
● Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems.
● Exceptional ability to build relationships and work with a diverse group.
● Must have a good sense of humor.
● Must work independently, with minimal supervision, while meeting deadlines and other goals.
● Experience working on a farm or working in food production, processing, aggregation, and distribution is a plus.
● Experience in sales, marketing and engaging with buyers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
● Maintain a positive attitude and focus in a fast-paced and changing environment to meet tight deadlines.
● Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
● Flexible work schedule (which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours) and regular attendance is necessary.
● Ability to lift 30 pounds or more without assistance.
● Position is based out of 4Ps Vint Hill warehouse in Warrenton, VA. Ability to work out of Ivy warehouse once a week preferred, but not required.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in PDF format), and where you learned of the position to: email@example.com. Please include your full name in the subject line as well as “Procurement Operations Specialist.”
Volunteer with 4P Foods
Hey - thanks for your interest in supporting this work!
To operate our food hub and help feed those in need, requires many hands. If you are passionate about our mission and interested in volunteering your time, contact us about upcoming volunteer opportunities.