Careers at 4P
Join Our Team
Warrenton, Virginia Job posted 02/02/2021
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the scheduling and supervision of 3rd shift team members as well as the day-to-day flow of the department. The Warehouse Supervisor supports Team Leader(s) to ensure the smooth operation of the department. The Warehouse Supervisor must ensure that all team members are trained and empowered while supporting a positive, safe, and efficient workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs, coordinates, and manages all aspects of the daily order operations in food safety, quality control and process as well as parts of pallet movement, truck unloading and resolves problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Drives productivity completion rates and actions to successful conclusion daily.
- Manages daily staff schedule, breaks and OT in accordance to budget and/or business needs.
- Resolves team member concerns and will partner with HR on high level investigations.
- Identify, interview, and develop talent for the department including but not limited to coaching, training, scheduling, disciplinary functions and execute matrixes and standards of continued excellence.
- Ensures follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, Logs, GMP’s, HACCP, Safety Compliance and 4P’s policies.
- Guides, Directs and Motivates team members around performance management and labor planning.
- Works with team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes, and documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt.
- Oversees usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PITO equipment and report all issues immediately.
- Supports and participates on various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
- Contribute to written End of Shift (EOS) Recaps for your area(s).
- Conduct Start of Shift and End of Shift supply checks.
- Count and order operational inventory: bags, bag bottoms, gloves, rubber bands, pick carts, trip building rolling racks, crates, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a warehouse, manufacturing, or food processing environment.
- Eagerness to grow personally and professionally.
- Expert ability in all department functions.
- Demonstrated comfort with arithmetic and basic data analysis.
- Demonstrated high leadership potential and emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated listening skills and ability to give feedback firmly and compassionately.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly in English.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must have a strong interpersonal skills and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Good computer skills including all MS Office applications. (Word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work part or all day in a cold climate (32 to 38 degrees).
- Ability to stay alert, on your feet, and in constant motion for most of an 8- or 10-hour shift.
- Ability to work weekends, (both Saturday and Sunday) and holidays.
- Ability to work in various temperatures (including the cooler and freezer) and properly navigate a production environment.
- Ability to stay alert, on your feet, and in constant motion for most of the shift.
- Ability to twist, bend, sit, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
4P Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Volunteer with us
We appreciate that you're here reading this! To operate our food hub and help feed those in need, requires many hands. If you are passionate about our mission and interested in volunteering your time, contact us about upcoming volunteer opportunities.