Careers at 4P
Join Our Team
Warrenton, Virginia Job posted 04/06/2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all 4P Foods warehouse team members.
- Plan and carry out work assignments; coordinate work with others as necessary; communicate policies with hourly team.
- Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage systems.
- Enable effective communications between leadership and operators.
- Maintain warehouse team members’ job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Interview, select, onboard, develop, and support employees.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Investigate and report all incidents (spills, accidents, poor performance amongst other)
- Suggest and implement cost-saving ideas.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all aspects of our production including monitor and measure daily performance and inventory.
- Provide technical assistance/troubleshooting for team members and supervisors.
- Work with production supervisors to develop methods and procedures designed to improve performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Identify bottlenecks and set up new processes to increase productivity.
- Serve as a liaison between leadership and supervisors.
- Ensure that employee schedules meet business demand - keeps overtime to a minimum
- Responsible for the accurate completion of production reports.
- Responsible for the revision and performance of any training needs.
- Responsible for the monthly safety training and to ensure records are kept current.
- Perform safety and sanitation inspections ensuring records are current.
- Effectively deal with any employee relation issues.
- Promote teamwork within Supervisors.
- Identify and train talent for the department, including coaching, training, and maintaining standards of continued excellence.
- Implement and support a Safety-First culture with all site Associates.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety, Safety and Quality Policies.
- Coordinate with outside vendors on arrival times and establish receiving processes.
- Prior management work experience in an Operations, Farm, Logistics, Warehouse, or a Manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish & English required
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Slack and PowerPoint preferred
- Strong Food Safety, GMP’s, GAP, Safety and QA methods
- Food Safety/ HACCP certificate preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results individually and as a team.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus in a fast-paced and changing environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in various temperatures (freezer environment) and properly navigate a production environment.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule/cover various shifts.
- Must be able to commute to Warrenton and Charlottesville VA
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, 4PFOODS INC does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Volunteer with us
We appreciate that you're here reading this! To operate our food hub and help feed those in need, requires many hands. If you are passionate about our mission and interested in volunteering your time, contact us about upcoming volunteer opportunities.