Grilled Corn & Zucchini Pasta Salad
Red Root & Co.
Grilled veggies brings a tasty element to this herbaceous salad. With substantial veggies and light on pasta, this dish is perfect for Summer eating!
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 pound small zucchini or summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 4 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS RR&Co Heirloom Garlic Oxymel
- 1/3 c green onion tops, or chives
- ½ -1 TBS Mexican tarragon (or French tarragon)
- parsley or tarragon for garnish
- Warm a grill to medium high heat.
- Coat corn and zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderate heat until charred and crisp-tender, about 10 minutes for the zucchini and 15 minutes for the corn. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- Cut the kernels off the corncobs and chop the zucchini. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain well until dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice, RR&Co Heirloom Garlic Oxymel, shallot, green onion tops, tarragon, and salt and pepper. Add the pasta, corn, and zucchini and mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with tarragon or parsley sprinkles.
- *We make it with gluten free pasta and Veganaise and it’s delicious.