Kai, 4P Foodie
Past winner of 4P Foodies Fall Recipe Contest, Kai shares this about her recipe for Marinated Mushrooms: "My favorite as a child when my mother made this for parties and Thanksgiving." Take a page from Kai's book and serve as an anti pasta or cheese plate for your next special occasion! Use as a topping to enhance any meal too— on toast, salads, soups, sausage roll, tofu stir fry, or grilled protein. Shop fresh produce to see what's available for your next 4P delivery.
- Cut mushrooms into chunks. Saute with 1 - 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Measure about 1/2 c. liquid from a jar of olives (or other briny product), add water to make 1 cup.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and bay leaf.
- Boil, then pour over mushrooms.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Store marinated mushrooms in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Will keep for about 1 month stored properly. Save the marinade vinegars after enjoying the mushrooms and use the liquid to flavor other dishes (e.g., to saute greens, for a salad dressing, as a refreshing beverage).